Thursday, March 22, 2012

Purex Detergent Sample Review

As a severe penny pincher, I often sign up for and receive free product samples in the mail. Some are great, and others...well....not so much. I figured I should start sharing my experience with these samples, so maybe other people can see the results before they buy.

Yesterday I received a sample of Purex Triple Action Detergent. The package looked like this, and contained a sample pack of one load worth of detergent.


I took a picture of two shirts, with separate stains, before the wash, and after. These are both white cotton shirts, the one on the left having a couple drops of chocolate on it, the one on the right being a victim of my love of animals, and having some goat spittle and dung on it.


As you can see, the stains are decently noticeable. I placed them in the washer following all the directions on the package, then ran the washer like normal. I then put them in the dryer, and waited. They came out looking like this.


While the goat stain is mostly gone, it's still faintly there, and the chocolate has only lightened a bit. I'm not happy with how this detergent worked at all. I typically use Dollar Tree detergent, and if that can get the chocolate out of my clothes, this name brand should have been able to. Plus, the Purex detergent actually dulled my whites, not brightening them.

I'm glad it was a sample, because I would have been very angry had I actually paid for this. In my opinion, a waste of time and money.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin Slocum said...

And the most important reason not to use Purex= no cuddling Fionna as she and I are both allergic to it! I will have to let you use some of our Amway detergent sometime. It's all I use.

Unknown said...

I was SO not impressed by that sample. I use the Dollar Tree house brand, and it's worked great so far, lol.