Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bento Journey: Quick and Simple

Well, I made a pretty simple Bento for tomorrow's lunch...nothing special, but it was quick and should be pretty filling.


This is my first Bento box, and yeah, it's full of cucumber rolls. The whole thing top and bottom. I tried to make them stay together better than last time, and while I think I accomplished that, next time I buy rice I'm getting short grain rice. Yep, I've been using long grain rice...


But these do look pretty good, don't you think?


This is my second Bento box, top filled with macaroni and cheese, and I added two hot dog octipi as well. They're legs arene't perfect, but they're just going to be eaten, so it's not super important that they be symmetrical. The bottom is filled with cucumber slices and carrot sticks, which seem to be new addiction, as I have them in pretty much every Bento I make. The very very top has a couple cheese slices in it.


This is just a close-up of my hot dog octopus. I tried to put a mouth on him, but it ended up just looking bad I think....

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

No comments: