Saturday, January 18, 2014

Am I Bovvered?

Sometimes in your blogging career, you're forced to interact with ridiculously childish individuals whom you have to call "peers" due to certain circumstances. These types of people will unfortunately refuse to interact with you like an adult, and will instead turn back to the tried and true methods of childhood. Such as throwing a fit, name calling, and my personal favorite of "you can't play with me".

You see wonderful readers, I know my blog isn't exactly family friendly, and by no means would I ever expect anyone who visits this blog to even think that. I curse. A lot. I talk about violent video games, I cover topics that interest me, like this little gem about Victorian Memento Mori's, or this one about the Night Witches of WWII. There is no theme to my blog, and there is no need for me to have such either. I write like I talk, and I have no regrets about anything I post here. I love my corner of the internet, and I love the few dedicated readers I have managed to somehow wrangle into staying with me over the years.

However, that never keeps the childish individuals in the world from taking offence to the things I post here. In this society, it would honestly be shocking if no one in the entirety of the world wasn't offended by something they saw on the internet. I understand being offended, I can feel empathetic about your offence if you go about handling it like an adult...but since this is a post about childish people, well...I think you can see where this is going.

If you have an issue with something I post here, why not take a few seconds, shoot me an email, and we can chat about it. It's an amazingly simple process to talk to me about the content on my blog. You just look in my left side bar and I have this awesome little contact form right there for you to use. Just let me know what you don't like about my blog, and I'm more than happy to discuss it with you. I know my content isn't for everyone, and I honestly enjoy hearing from readers.

See how simple that was? See how civil, and polite, and mature you can be by using my contact form to talk to me about issues on my blog? Now, since we're still talking about childish individuals, I think you can probably guess by the amount of sarcasm dripping from this post, that someone took offence to what I wrote on my blog, and didn't handle it like the adult I expect my readers to be. You would be right.

They went and played the "I'm offended" card, and inevitably said "You can't play with me".

In the words of Catherine Tate: "Am I Bovvered?"


Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket
Post a Comment