Sunday, September 23, 2012

Learning to Love Art Again: The Beginning

So, I went looking back through some of my old artwork today, and I realized that I used to draw and paint...a lot. It's something I've been thinking of taking back up, but with as little time as I have now, I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. I love creating artwork, but anymore it seems more like a job. I've lost my passion for the simple idea of putting together something beautiful.

I created this drawing in 2006, when I was struggling to find myself during those awkward High School years. I tried to incorporate a bit of everything I saw in myself.


Each item in this drawing has meaning to me...and meaning about me. I want to go back to this, and remember why I loved creating. So, I'm going to start putting forth a real effort to remember how to draw after so long, and to learn to love art again.

Feel free to come back and check on my updates in this journey. I have a feeling I will gain much more in this than just a long lost talent.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket
Post a Comment