Monday, April 16, 2012

Music Mondays: Yann Tiresen "La Rupture"


Time for another Music Monday! Remember, if you'd like to link up your own Music Monday posts below, please do so! Here is the button and code if you'd like to use them upon linking up. 






Today I wanted to talk about one of my favorite French Artists: Yann Tiersen. The thing I adore about his music most is the sheer passion he shown through such simple instruments. He uses toy pianos, accordions, lutes, piano, and a wonderful array of sounds to get his musical point across. Many of his songs have no words at all, but I included this one, as it's my absolute favorite.


This song, called 'La Rupture', has never failed to make me feel better about my day. I actually have a very hard time not swaying to the music, or humming along. The music he creates has a way of moving your heart, and you can easily paint a very vivid picture in your mind when listening.




Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

No comments: