Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Recipe: Berry and Pineapple Fluff

I know several people right now trying to lose weight, and the biggest complaint I hear is the lack of dessert. Now while I'm all for eating healthier, we need to also remember that dessert is an important part in the maintaining of the  "I'm not gonna kill you because I just had some yummy sweets and I'm over your attitude" portion of our brains. So, in an effort to help all you wonderful followers, I thought I would share this easy, delicious, low fat, and super healthy dessert you can make in less than 5 minutes!

The ingredients are super simple:
1 package of Whipped Topping
1 cup of Assorted Berries
1/2 cup of Crushed Pineapple (drained)
1/2 cup of Broken or Chopped Nuts

Seriously, that's it. Stir it all together, and voila!


For mine, I used chopped strawberries and raspberries, but any berry will do! Just chop the bigger ones into smaller pieces or slices. Since I don't diet, I went all out and used the fattening sugar soaked whipped topping, but fat free, sugar free, and other varieties work just as well. For the nuts, it's up to you! I love walnuts and pecans in mine, but my grandma uses almonds or black walnuts in hers'. It's all up to your personal taste.

I hope this helps bring the dessert back into diet! 

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

9 comments:

LaVonne said...

Now this looks yummy! I need to make this ;) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious!

Jesi said...

Yum! Totally making this!

East9thStreet said...

I will eat a couple spoonfuls of low-fat whipped topping to satisfy my sweet tooth. So far it's worked and I haven't had to add anything to it but I do, I'm trying your version.

Barb Webb said...

Wow, that looks like such a great summer treat! Will have to give it a try.

Janelle said...

Looks delish! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I wanted to tell you that I tried the recipe and absolutely loved it! Actually everyone loved it!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I know some people put it on pie or cake, but I prefer to eat it by itself. I'm so glad everyone liked it! :)

Lesli said...

Mmmmm I make something similar with apples and peanuts! Delish! So I know I would love this too!