Friday, May 4, 2012

Flat Iron Curls

I have very fine and thin hair, so I'm always looking at ways to make it look fuller and thicker. I saw a tutorial the other day on how to make curls with a flat iron, so I thought I would try my hand at it. To start out, you will need one flat iron (of any size), some hairspray, and your fingers!

I took a photo before, so you could see the difference between the before and after. 



You need to take sections of hair, the amount depends on your personal taste, and twist it one direction all the way up to the root of the section. For looser curls, use bigger sections, for tighter curls, use smaller sections.


Once you have it twisted, wrap it around your fingers, and slide it off gently to create a sort of bundle.


Here comes the flat iron part! Put the bundle of twisted hair into the flat iron, and hold it there for 5-10 seconds.


Repeat until your entire head is done! Run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls, then set with a mist of hairspray.


Since I did very tightly wrapped larger sections, I ended up with some kinky and curly waves, which was a fun change from my normal! Next time I do this, I think I'll make the sections smaller, to make the curls more defined. 


But most likely, this isn't going to be something that will work for girls with thin and fine hair. If this one try came out this bad, imagine how much worse it could get!

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! I've heard of doing this, but have never tried it, now I know I will def try it!

Janelle said...

I'll have to try this! I have super fine, limp kinda hair myself... I look for any way to make it fuller!