Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feeling Defeated

I'm not normally one to blog about things bothering me, but lately I've been feeling like an absolute failure.

By now, you should all know I design jewelry, hair ornaments, blog wear, and work with graphic design. Well, I've tried for the past year to get my business, Shades of Grey Emporium, off the ground...but to no avail. I never thought my prices were awful, and I thought I was doing quality work, but I'm STILL waiting on my first order.

Sure, I've had a few people ask for work done, so I start and finish the project. But when the time for payment comes, I never receive it, not but once. Couple that with the seeming lack of interest, and I'm just starting to feel like giving up. What's the point in having a business when you have no customers?

Just something I needed to get off my chest I guess.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

8 comments:

Momma said...

Baby girl how many times have I wanted to give up because I did not think I was good enough either and how many times did to stop me? Lots and lots you were me ears my heart and my biggest fan!! You can do this you are great you have the biggest heart on the planet don't give up! I love you more than words can say your time is coming just hold on! I love you!!

Kandi said...

It takes time. Your stuff is amazing and you do great blog designs. There is a site called bloggerdise.com you can put out an ad (free to do) to promote it. Maybe offer bloggers a chance to review to promote it. Maybe just put a thing on their tellibg people about your products (no review) but offer a slight discount or something.

Unknown said...

Gurl! Stick with it! Hang in there! Don't Give up! Quitters Never win and winners never quit! Which ever of those sayings work for you, repeat it in your head everyday and out loud in the mirror. In the meantime I'm Praying 4 Miracles & Blessing to be sent your way in Abundance! (Detroit Mom)

Ashley T said...

It takes a long time to get something going. Don't worry, that first order will kick in and feel great!

Unknown said...

Starting a business from the ground up is NOT easy! Believe me, I know this from experience. I'm a small shop owner, we do silk flower arrangements. It's not easy! I've also learned the hard way about taking orders, completing them and not getting paid. I require all customers to pay a 20% non-refundable deposit, to cover expenses. Your prices are phenomenal! Don't give up, have you thought about selling your products on Etsy.com? There is so much out there, research! I know you know how! Don't give up, is there a local flea market in your area that you can set up shop on the weekends? Seek and ye shall find! Seriously, It will get better! Message me if you need ANY advice!

Unknown said...

No, don't quit! It takes time, but it will be so worth it when that order comes in! You're stuff is wonderful, don't give up!

Erin said...

Please don't quit! You can't give up on yourself ... keep it up ... I would really like to order something and pay you :)

ATLanta Saving Moms said...

Isabella, take a really good deep breath and start saying a great affirmation to yourself, "I am now attracting the customers I need and those who want my product." Never give up on your dreams or goals. If your first set of goals don't work, heck change them and create some new ones. If you need someone to call, send me an email at simplesavingsforatlmoms@yahoo.com and let's chat. :)
~ Quida