Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birds of Fancy

Oh, I know it's been a while since I last did a Shutterbug Saturday, but now that Finals are over and College is out for the Summer, I'll be sure to do them again!

Today I wanted to talk about some of the amazing bird sculptures Bastian's Great Uncle makes in his spare time.

                   

He makes these fantastic sculptures out of random parts and items he find in his 'junkyard' of sorts. The amount of creativity and time that goes into these is amazing, and what's more amazing is he only does this fun! He never tries to make money, and usually gives away his creations to people he wants to have them. He's made everything from functioning carnival games to simple garage door ornaments. This particular bird is one out of five that sit on his front fence, welcoming people in.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the coolest thing! Does he ever sell them anywhere? If not, he should! Thanks for sharing!

johnsmom said...

Really neat, I agree with Molly he should sell his sculptures if he doesn't already!

Barb Webb said...

How cool! I've always wished I had that creative eye for assembling things like this.

East9thStreet said...

Talk about upcycling! I love how creative some people are.

LaVonne said...

Recycled art is so fun. Thanks for sharing these birds. I always love stopping by here. Such a pretty blog!

ATLanta Saving Moms said...

Very nice and creative. :)

Janelle said...

Wow! Neat stuff! Wish I was that creative.