Monday, October 8, 2012

Uncommon Gifts for Extraordinary People

Have you ever searched for days, or even weeks, for that perfect gift for someone, only to come up short in the end? After an exhausting search, nothing you find seems to suit their personality, so you give up and purchase something bland and boring. Well I have a way to fix that, with Uncommon Goods!

Being a bit of an eclectic soul myself, I often times have a taste for the odd, old, dark, geeky, and artsy...which happens to mean buying a gift for me can be difficult in most instances. However, when offered the chance to review a few items from Uncommon Goods, it took me literally hours to narrow down my "want" list to only a couple of items. There were so many amazing things that caught my fancy!

This first of which was this vintage looking camera bag. 


It's called the Iconic Camera Bag, and despite it's small size, it packs a punch! It's made of durable canvas, with a great velour camera pictured on the flap. There are two large pockets on the outside of the bag, and a super comfy  strap that is used to carry it. Not only could it hold both my SLR Film Camera and my digital, it held two extra lenses, my wallet, 6 wildlife guides, my sketchbook and pencils, as well as extra batteries and memory cards. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is. It has quickly become my favorite camera bag, and I will be using it almost exclusively on my outings.

But the goodies don't end there, oh no! Did I mention they have fantastic Christmas gifts? To find some of their more unique Christmas gifts, click here.One of my absolute favorites is this unique art book, intended for all ages and drawing abilities.


In this book, it gives you everything from how to draw the fundamentals like shapes and shading, to more complex things like how to draw a bird. There are all kinds of really fun art activities in here, and they don't stop at drawing!  There are masks to be made, painting tutorials, mobiles, inkblots, color wheels, letterforms, fingerprint creatures, and so much more!


Not to mention, the great tutorials that teach you how to make your own masterpieces  based off the styles of great artists like Matisse, Mondrian, Warhol, or Pollock. This book is perfect for that budding artist, or the long time art enthusiast. I'm using it to retrain myself to draw, after years of neglecting the skill.


Looking for something a bit more manly to give that amazing guy in your life? Try their awesome gifts for men, found here. I'm sure Dad is getting a little tired of a new tie every year. While you're there check out the fun and quirky stocking stuffers here. There is something for everyone, from young to old, and it's always going to surprise and delight!

So why not try something new for the holidays, and get an uncommon gift for an extraordinary person?

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

27 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks for the lead.... will check them out!

Unknown said...

I love that camera bag! Very "you", I think!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

What a great bag! So much more unique than the typical black bags so often found in box stores!

Jessica said...

This stuff looks awesome, I love that bag!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the variety of products that Uncommon Goods offer for very reasonable prices. Love the bag!

Nicole GF said...

What a great variety they have!

Unknown said...

sounds like a site i need to check out! thanks for the review =]

Angela Christopher said...

Thanks for sharing this site! I can NEVER find the perfect gift for my sister and just quickly browsing their site, I can see several things she would love! Wither her birthday and Christmas coming up I am so happy to have found this site! Thanks so much!

Dee said...

This is so neat! I'm off to check it out!

Guavalicious said...

Like the idea of being able to find something for everyone!!

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Very nice camera bag. Great review...it tells me a lot about products.

Unknown said...

The drawing pad would be perfect for my mother-in-law as she's an artist.

Brr23 said...

I absolutely LOVE that camera bag! It is so cool! I am going to check this out now!

Unknown said...

I love the camera bag, and I am really interested in the drawing. My daughter would love this!

Julia Potvin said...

Love their products, great gift ideas, and your review is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Jesica H said...

Cute, the camera bag is really nice.

LaVonne said...

What a great camera bag. Thank you for sharing. I have a photography enthusiast in my life that would love that bag.

jenny at dapperhouse said...

I love that store! Thank you for reminding me to shop there for my son, hubby and brothers!!

Mm said...

I am hoping to get a review with them. They have such great stuff. You were able to get some great items.

Jaredamy said...

This is a great bag! I would love to get into photography-you always have the best pics!!

Tonya said...

Love this bag!

Kelly said...

I feel like I don't have an artistic bone in my body when it comes to drawing but my 7 yr old inherited his artistry talent from my dad (wish I had). I would love to get him some books when he's a little older that can help him develop his talent. I love love love that bag though.

Mommy Testers said...

I have always loved Uncommon Goods! Those are some great finds!

Amber Trievel said...

That camera bag is really cute! Definitely perfect for an awesome photographer like you!

Tara said...

That camera bag looks cute and I love that it doesn't scream out "I am a camera bag!"

NYC Single Mom said...

great ideas, love the camera bag

Lil' Daily Deals said...

Love that site. You are right, some great gift ideas.