Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sister In All But Blood

Today was a great day. It wasn't because I did anything really awesome, or went somewhere new, or made a cool new graphic or toy, or anything like that. It's because I got to Skype with my other half, my soul's sister...my sister in all but blood. And if you've ever read Elfquest, you'll get the reference.


Annie has been one of my dearest friends ever since our High School days. I was super shy, like 'I'm going to have a fucking panic attack if anyone talks to me' shy. Which in fact, happened way more than once, but that's another story for another time. I never talked to new people, I never tried to stand out, and for the most part, I kept to myself. And then this big ball of energy and noise came into my life, and I was never the same.

Because Annie is not a quiet woman, and she won't take your shit either. She is outgoing, and strong, and over the top, and I would not be who I am today without her. Because of her friendship, I don't take shit from anyone either, and I'm a stronger woman. She brought me out of my shell, and encouraged me to be more like myself...and I blossomed in her awesomeness. 

This was taken our Junior year in High School, by me...in gym class. I titled it "True American Hero".

When I moved away for college, it did suck...a lot. But what was worse, was the fact that Annie was diagnosed with cancer. But did she let it get her down. FUCK NO. Annie fought like the most motherfucking badass bitch you've ever met, and she beat it. She didn't beat it once, oh no...she let it come back again, and beat its ass into the ground so that it would remember not to fuck with her again.

Bald, bitchy, and beautiful! 

That was a few years ago, and she's still in remission. Her beautiful hair is growing back, and she's as feisty as ever. Nothing can hold this amazing, special, badass chica down. And today was great, because no matter how far we may be apart, or how long since we last talked...it's like we were hanging out yesterday.


So thanks Annie...for being awesome, and for being one of the most important people in my life. I'd never be the same without you. <3

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

Post a Comment