Monday, April 23, 2012

Music Monday - Pocahontas "Colors of the Wind"


Growing up, I was like any normal little in girl, in that I LOVED Disney movies. One movie that I practically obsessed over as a child was Pocahontas. In fact, I had Pocahontas bed sheets, curtains, pillows, stuffed animals, birthday cakes (for 3 years) and I knew every single word to every single song, and the entire movie verbatim. I was 7, can you blame me?

One song that always meant more to me was "Colors of the Wind", as it's message was so very powerful to me. Respect our Earth, respect her people, and live in sync with our natural world.


Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love this song and movie! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Unknown said...

That's one of my favorite songs from Pocahontas. When I was growing up, my mother had every Disney movie ever released, so I definitely grew up on Disney movies too & can remember singing along to every song I could remember! :)