Friday, February 8, 2013

The Healthy Soda: Zevia

I love trying new food...but usually those foods aren't exactly healthy for me. In fact, they're usually packed with fat, calories, and all those artificial things that really shouldn't belong in food. So I was delighted when I found Zevia

Zevia is an all natural soda, with no sugar, and zero calories. Not to mention, a GREAT flavor!


The Zevia website has this to say about their sodas:
"In our opinion, natural means nothing fake, phony or artificial. No artificial sweeteners, colors, junk. Only the good soda stuff. None of the bad. We use only the best ingredients to make our beverages. So you can drink this diet soda knowing it’s been made with love and care."
You can find Zevia on FacebookZevia Blog,  Twitter, Their Website, as well as a store near you!  I managed to find them in the Hy-Vee near us, and stocked up! Here's a run down of the flavors I received, and my thoughts on them.

Lime Cola - I enjoyed the taste! I thought it would be like Sprite, but it was something completely new to me. Not only was it a dark soda (and not clear like I thought it would be), but it had a unique flavor all its own. It was still light and bubbly, but with a tang.

Black Cherry - This has to be my favorite of the flavors! It was so yummy and smooth, and not harsh at all like some Black Cherry flavors can be.

Dr. Zevia - I normally HATE the taste of anything that resembles Dr. Pepper, but this soda was so much tastier! It had a bold flavor, but not too bold. It was a perfect mixture!

Grapefruit Citrus - This has to be my second favorite, behind the Black Cherry. Normally I find Grapefruit anything totally disgusting, but this was really just a light and refreshing drink. Not too much grapefruit.

Ginger Root Beer - Wow...despite my everlasting HATE of Root Beer, this was my third favorite! It was a dark, flavorful drink, and it tasted just as good in the can, as it did in a glass of ice.

Cream Soda - The hubby loved this one! Cream Soda somehow makes my Crohn's act up, so I let my boyfriend  drink this one. He drank the entire can, and even went to see if there were more of this flavor in the fridge. He  usually only drinks half a can, and calls it quits, so he must have found something in this one that made it better than the rest!

If you're looking for a soda that is both ood for you, and doesn't taste like cardboard, this is the soda to try!

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket



Post a Comment