Friday, July 27, 2012

Welcome to Frugal Fashion Fridays!


I posted a few days about this event,and had some great response to it, so today, we're having our very first Frugal Fashion Fridays! I promise that over the course of this weekly post, we'll have fashion finds, make-up tips, and everything in between!

To begin, I want to say that being frugal is sometimes easy, and sometimes hard. It takes some extra time to save a few dollars in most cases, but it's usually well worth the effort. Being frugal and fashionable, that's even more work, but the rewards are huge, and the rush you get when on the hunt for an amazing piece...well..it can't be beat.

So today, I want to share with you an AMAZING sale that my friend Jolene and I went crazy at. Now, I'm a rather slender girl, with decent sized hips, and Jolene, who blogs over at Sparkling Streams, is plus sized. Now, imagine the fantastic day we found a store that fit us both!

DEB is a young woman's store, usually in the mall, that carries both junior and plus sized clothing. And not just frumpy or boring clothing either, bold, vivacious, and cute clothing. And right now, they're having a clearance sale. If you stick around long enough, you'll learn the greatness of clearance sales on this blog. But for a limited time, not only is a huge selection on clearance, but you get to take an extra 50%-60% off that clearance price! Oh yes ladies...I'm talking brand new, adorable clothing, for less than $3 in most cases.

Needless to say Jolene and I went a bit crazy trying on stuff.

Eventually, I got three shirts, two necklaces, and pair of tights, all for less than $10. Here's a few of my finds.



Jolene walked away with four shirts, and a headband, for less than $12. Here's some of her shirts, her photos used with her permission.




The pink shirt Jolene got is the same style as the blue one I'm wearing, and drapes beautifully on both our figures. Thankfully, draping is coming back, which helps hide all those places we don't like so much, and flatters every woman, no matter her shape

So if you want to check out DEB, HERE'S a link to their online store, chocked full of half off clearance items! Not only shirts, but shoes, skirts, and jewelry too!

Want to share your frugal find for the week? Please join the linky below, and feel free to add this badge to your post.











Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket
I was NOT compensated by DEB to write this, I just love this store, and this sale was amazing.

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Woops! I forgot about my headband! LOL! Yes, this was an amazing sale & we had so much fun! I can't wait to be able to do it again! Haha! :)

Michele D said...

Great Fashion, Love all the shirts! Thanks for sharing!

Dena said...

Thanks for posting, can't wait to see more Frugal Fashion Fridays!

Mama Bucks said...

Oh, I wish I had a DEB's close by. I will check out their online store, but next time I get to a bigger mall I am scoping out the clearance racks for sure!

Dawn Kropp said...

I love the pink "jolene"! What a fun topic :)

Kandi said...

Cute Shirt Isabella! Nice sale to! I need to do some clothes shoping now that I have a job and a bunch of weight gone lol

Holly said...

My wide hips and stomach are a huge fan of draping, and I couldn't be happier that it's fashionable. That shirt looks wonderful on you, and it's great that you were able to get more than one color since it looks so good and you can definitely wear them for a while.

Unknown said...

Those are some truly amazing finds and I think we share a colour palette because those colours you found are all just singing to me. I especially love the blue v-neck you're wearing in the photo - just gorgeous!

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom said...

Wow! What great finds. I can't believe you got 3 shirts and more for under $10. Amazing. And I LOVE that key necklace. I'm trying to restrain myself from checking out their clearance sale, but with prices like that I don't think I'll be able to hold out!

Alisha K said...

You really found some great deals. The shirts are cute!

Unknown said...

Loving this site! I've already found some cute shirts I'm going to buy.

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous! And great prices!

Unknown said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE shirts! I like that it wont show too much of my flabby arm. haha thanks for sharing!

MamaMunky said...

I had no idea Deb carried plus sizes! Going to have to check thme out now. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

those are really cute picks!! I will be checking out this store!

Alyssa McVey said...

I haven't shopped at Deb in something like 15 years. It looks as though I might have to go back! I can't wait to blog about my frugal finds!

johnsmom said...

I had no idea Deb was online, used to shop at their local store until it closed. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love that necklace. It's adorable!

(¯`•¸Geca¸•´¯) said...

That necklace is unique! I love it :D

Unknown said...

Wow, great shopping! I need to pay more attention to sales when I am looking for clothes

Lesley said...

Awesome job! I love getting a great deal on clothing :)
http://www.shoppingwithles.com

Diane B said...

loving the clothing

Tara said...

Wow! Love that pink top! Want to be my personal shopper? LOL

Coupons In Motion said...

Sounds like a fun shopping trip. I have never heard of the store DEBS. It's a great name. Oh, yeah, that might be because my name is Debbie and some call me Deb. LOL. Seriously tho, it looks like a great place to shop.

Lil' Daily Deals said...

I could really use some new clothes and my birthday is just around the corner. Thanks for the heads up!

Diane B said...

Great shopping!

Erin Slocum said...

Seems like I've seen this top recently! Super cute on you.