Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Smash it, Wreck it, Live it, Love it

 I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am to show you my new craft projects! I finally waded through the black hole that is Pinterest to find two amazing books that allow me to craft my way, without all the fuss and muss that regular scrapbooking or art journals require.

The SMASH Book I got is absolutely gorgeous! It's called Pretty Pink, and is full of vintage themed cardstock, filled with beautiful graphics and designs that lend to the overall theme. The pages themselves have no flaps or any embellishments, making sure to create a flat space that you can use to fill with all the random things from your life.


For those of you who don't know, a SMASH book is a sort of scrapbook used as a mobile junk drawer. You can put anything and everything in it, with no special regards to how. I have seen feathers, pictures, ticket stubs, wrappers, leaves...anything you collect on your adventures in life can all be thrown in this book!

Even better, when you buy a SMASH Book, it comes with a super handy glue/pen combo, that allows you to smash on the go!



My other exciting find was a Wreck This Journal, which is sort of like an art journal, but filled with fun prompts to help you on your destructive path through art!


I thought it might be fun for me to show you my progress through these two books from time to time, and show you just how creatively disassembled these books can get in my hands. If you'd like to read more about my Smashing and Wrecking, let me know!

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

9 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I have never heard of this, but I totally want one now, too! I need to add it to my wishlist for Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

I have been saying I want a smash book. But I keep putting it off. Need. To .Do. Now!

Liz Mays said...

These are fantastic!!! I love this updated, modern twist on journaling and scrapbooking. I MUST do this!

Ms D said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE. I have never had the patience to do scrapbooking, but really want to . I really love this idea and am going to get me a few of these Smash books! Thanks!

Unknown said...

My Mom and I got the same book, and we're SMASHing together over Skype! it's such an easy and fun way to scrapbook.

Unknown said...

You so do! you're going to LOVE it! I got hooked after perusing all the Pinterest boards about SMASH books.

Unknown said...

You won't regret it! It's so easy and fun, and give you much more freedom than the traditional scrapbook.

Unknown said...

My Mom is a serious scrapbooker, but even she loved how laid back these were! Each SMASH book has a different theme, so there is a travel one, a modern one, a wedding one, and way more!

Rachael Ebner said...

I've never heard of a SMASH book before. I like your creativity. It's a great idea, esp for trips and such.