Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Friendship Care Package

I love my friends. I love my friends so much I take time out of my day to write them little notes on Facebook, or drop them a card in the mail...but I  probably love making things for my friends most of all! Especially when they're kind enough to buy me a gift, or lend me money, etc.

Jolene was kind enough to buy me a couple shirts from DEB, so I wanted to send her a fun package to say "thank you!".


I made almost everything inside this box, and I was so glad to hear she loved it!

 A faux pearl and gemstone headband I got from Seventeen Magazine.

 Some AMAZING Organic soap I use when reenacting, found at a local Whole Foods store.

 Some Handmade earrings, with small blue gems inside that sparkle.

 A handmade fused glass necklace, to remind her of the Ocean she loves so much.

And the best gift in the box, a 3-D dolphin plush I made. This was the first time I had ever tried doing a 3-D plush, so I was really proud of it considering!

Why not take a few minutes out of your day, send a note, fill a small box with goodies, and send it off to a friend who deserves it?

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

19 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHH how pretty!!! and sooo sweet!! Im a dolphin collecting fanatic so that dolphin is AWESOME!! <3

Unknown said...

That Dolphin is adorable! Good job.

Dawn said...

What a CUTE idea! I need to do this :) Thanks for inspiring me!

Arahbella said...

This is so cute! I love the jewelry!

Bella
ArahBellas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How sweet and what a great idea! My best friend loves dolphins... I think it would be a nice little treat for her. :)

LaVonne said...

That is so nice. I wish I had a friend who'd send me a box like this :) You are a great friend. Good job on that dolphin!

Jessica said...

That is really cute!! The dolphin looks awesome!!

AmberFaith said...

Isabella, you are incredibly talented. I wish I had an ounce of your artistic and creative ability. The dolphin is adorable!

Amber
Beautifully BellaFaith

Holly (Woman Tribune) said...

You are an amazing friend, and you did a really great job with this box. It's beautiful, put together very nicely, and I love the items you included, and especially the ones you made. You did an excellent job on the 3D plush dolphin!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

You are such an amazing friend! What a fantastic idea! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea! I love the fused glass necklace, but especially the dolphin! I'm just getting back into crafting and this is SUCH a nice and thoughtful idea!

Unknown said...

Seriously, that's the coolest thing! Not sure if you mailed the box or not, but snail mail is such a lost art that it's always fun to get it anymore. I'm sure your friend loved her box!

Alyssa McVey said...

That is such a wonderful idea. I know I would feel so special and grateful if one of my friends did that for me. I'm going to have to break out the craft supplies! Do you have a tutorial for the dolphin?

Dede said...

I'm sure she loved it. That dolphin is adorable.

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

These creatures are beautiful! My son loves them. Happy crafting.

Lil' Daily Deals said...

Wow that is so beautiful. What a great gift for your friend. Love it...I feel inspired.

Unknown said...

You did a great job on the dolphin. I love making things.

Xtreme Qpon - Angela Christopher said...

Great job! I would love a gift box like that!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

This is a beautiful idea to share with a special friend! Love the details and the time you spent on a friend!