Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tintypes and Toddlers

For today's Shutterbug Saturday, I wanted to show you one my FAVORITE photos of myself and my favorite little friends. This was taken by Erin, over at For Him and My Family, at the Lamoni, IA reenactment last year. I'm dressed in one of my favorite impressions, a Confederate mounted Vivandiere, and holding her youngest, Fionna.


Now, I don't normally really like kids, but this little one, well...she's something special. A spitfire ball of destruction and curiosity, wrapped up an a whirlwind of attitude. I took the normal photo, and edited it to look like an old Tintype of the era. Which just makes this even more special to me.

Love and Lightning Bugs, 
Photobucket

20 comments:

Erin Slocum said...

That little spitfire is currently telling me "Hey, goats, drink, milk. . . ." Not sure if she wants to go milk the goats or have some milk, lol.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful photograph. Thank you for sharing this! <3

Ghada said...

That is a really cool photo!

AmberFaith said...

Very cool picture!

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

I love your blog. Wonderful colors and that picture above is just beautiful.

Mommie...Again

Unknown said...

wonderful photo.

Melissa said...

What a great pic! Your photography looks great!

(I also like that you freely admit to not being a fan of kids. Sure, I love some kids, but most are too sticky for me...LOL)

Amanda Tempel said...

Oh wow, that is a great, beautiful shot!

Jadey said...

Wow what a beautiful shot!!

Marthalynn said...

Love this shot! I really like how you edited the photo. Plus, the subjects are wearing the perfect clothing for this type of look. Great job!

Erika said...

That's a nice photo!

Stephanie H. said...

I love these tin type photo's it reminds me of the actual tin type photo's of my Great grandparents from when they were children only they looked a lot more blue

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

hippie_mom said...

that is an amazing shot! Thanks for sharing

Shawna said...

I love the photo! Too bad you're not closer because I would totally have you take some shots of me and my family and edit them to look like the old tin type! The "Old Fashioned Photo" shops just don't give you the same look. Great job!

Unknown said...

That is an amazing photo. You need to keep that on the wall forever.

Theresa said...

I love this picture. It's so touching.

Dede said...

Really beautiful. I love the way you edited it.

Dawn Kropp said...

So precious! I love the pose, and the attire!

Coupons In Motion said...

Nice picture. Great idea to make it look like a tintype of that era.