Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Some Girls like to Make-Out With Strangers...I Prefer Eskimo Kisses with a Deerling

Wow, it has been a long time since I last updated!

I'm so sorry! I've had so much going on, with a horrible car accident, to a death in the family...just so much has been going on that the blog has fallen behind a bit...but I'm back!

So what have I been up to in the meantime? Why more costuming of course!

This past weekend I went out with my friends, in our Ren Fair garb, and helped to promote the Great Plains Ren Fair which is this weekend.


You'll note our animal like appearances...well there's a good reason for that, we're putting together a show! Together with my friends Mickie, Jolene, and Georgia, we plan on attending various Ren fairs and Steampunk conventions, and putting on a song and joke act. Will it ever be anything big? Who knows...but we can have a blast doing it anyway.


Jolene has yet to flesh out her character, but may I introduce the rest of us... Viviette the Vixen, Deena the Deerling, and Glinda the Grumpy Goat.

Please feel free to enjoy some more photos below!

You can't tell, but there are two of us helping her tighten her corset. Sometimes it takes four hands!



Some girls like to get drunk and make out with strangers. I prefer to stay sober, and share Eskimo kisses with a deerling. (This one was snagged from my Instagram, so bear with the large watermark please.)


 Poor Deena....she got caught in the headlights!


Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

3 comments:

Alyssa McVey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I've never known anyone who's done that. It takes some brave, fun people to put on a fair! I'd love to see your act. Love the costumes!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

What a fun time with your friends! Love the way you are able to have down time in such a great way!

Unknown said...

I just love the creativity you all display in your character designs! The lot of you would lend yourselves easily to a fairy tale or steampunked Kenneth Grahame novel ^.^